We are committed to :
An open and fair system of charges.
Processing your fibre economically to the highest quality compatible with the quality of the fibre.
Charging only for the weight of fibre passing though the machines during preparation and spinning.
Efficient turn-around of orders, usually within 8 – 10 weeks.
For Breeders and Animal Owners
We can assess your fleeces and offer advice on the best processing options for adding value.
We guarantee that your fibre will be processed separately from other orders without blending unless previously agreed.
We use just the blanket fleece to make tops and yarn for hand knitting, machine knitting and weaving, supplied on cones, in hanks or balls. and our minimum batch size for fibre of similar properties to be processed as one lot is a skirted weight of 10kg.
Through our contacts with other manufacturers we can help with production of high quality knitted or woven garments and accessories.
For Designers and Manufacturers
We can create bespoke 100% alpaca or blended natural coloured tops and yarns in your own colour and weight specifications using high quality fibre from stock or specialist suppliers.
Our yarns have been successfully used for hand and machine knitting and for weaving and through our contacts with other manufacturers we can help with production of high quality worsted knitwear or woven cloth.
Our minimum order for manufacturing bespoke yarn for each agreed colour, type, weight or blend is a finished yarn weight of 12kg.
We offer an efficient turn-around of orders and will incorporate your particular manufacturing programme requirements where possible
Occasionally we have remainders and stock yarns for sale at wholesale rates.
Check the website for spot lots as they appear !
|Processing raw fibre to tops||Skirted weight||22.50||26.00|
|Processing tops to yarn (singles < 12Nm)||Weight of tops||21.50||24.50|
|Scouring and carding only||Skirted weight||15.00||16.50|
|Producing bespoke yarns to client specification||Finished yarn||POA||POA|
|Additional skirting and batching||Received weight||4.00||4.00|
|Spinning lighter singles 12 – 20Nm||Weight of tops||6.00||6.00|
|Winding into balls or hanks (100g)||Finished yarn||6.00||6.00|
|Prepared weight of batch < 10kg||Skirted weight||+ 25%||+ 25%|
Full payment of all charges is due on completion of processing and must clear before finished product is delivered.
A deposit may be required for larger bespoke orders or if a particular blend is required.
- Minimum batch size for supplied fibre of one colour, type or blend prepared for processing as one lot is a skirted weight of 10kg.
- Minimum order quantity for manufacturing bespoke yarn for each agreed colour, type, weight or blend is a finished weight of 12kg
- Discounts may be arranged for large orders.
- Charges exclude VAT which will be added at the rate current at the time of processing.
- Yarn is supplied conditioned on cones as standard.
- Carriage of finished product will be charged in addition to the processing charges.
- Charges for additional sorting and skirting will be agreed before proceeding with the order.